Congratulation You Have A Simon XTI 5 Keypad
How to arm & disarm your keypad
HOW TO ARM & DISARM YOUR KEYPAD
Arming your system allows the panel to generate an alarm when a door or window is opened or when a motion is detected when a person enters a specific area. Glass breaks will trigger an intrusion also if broken glass is detected while armed. Currently there are 2 ways to arm your system:
Click on the unlock icon and you will have 2 choices
- STAY MODE: Doors and windows only (as well as Glass Breaks if any)
- AWAY MODE: Doors, Windows, Glass Breaks & Motion Detectors (This will give you a designated amount of time to open and close the entry/exit door to leave the house before it arms)
Remember: All emergency devices will still trigger an emergency whether the security system is armed or not. These are 24 hour devices such as: Smoke Detectors, Carbon Monoxides, Flood Detectors, Freeze sensors, Medical Pendants etc.
Please watch the following video to learn more about how to arm and disarm your system using the Simon XTi. You may also refer to page 7 of the Simon Xti Manual for more information.
HOW TO ADD, CHANGE & DELETE USER CODES
Click on the settings wheel at the bottom right of the screen then press the down arrow until you get to programming and click ENTER. A new screen will pop up and now you can insert your 4 digit Master Code and then press OK. You are now in the programming area and click on the box that says USER CODES. The first code is the master code then the next 8 slots are for users 1-8.
- Add a user code: simply click on the user you wish to add then enter the new code and press save.
- Delete a user code: simply click on user you wish to delete then press delete and then save. Keep in mind you cannot delete the master code only edit it.
- Change a user code: simply click on user you wish to change and then press delete and then enter new code and press save.
To exit system programming click on save once done with any changes then click close on the top right of the screen until you are back at the main screen.
HOW TO BYPASS SENSORS
Bypassing a sensor will allow you to open the sensor while the system is armed. For example if your system is currently armed in stay mode and you are inside the house you can go into the keypad and bypass one of the sensors allowing you to open and close that door or window without causing an alarm.
While the system is armed in stay mode: click on the settings wheel bottom right and then click on Direct Bypass. Then click on which sensor you want to bypass. It will show bypassed then close to go back to main screen. You can now open that door or window without causing an alarm.
HOW TO ENTER & EDIT SETTINGS ON YOUR KEYPAD
As the homeowner you may change the settings on your keypad at anytime. Simply click on the settings wheel at the bottom right of the screen and go through each setting you would like to edit.
PANEL STATUS, CHIME (ON OR OFF), VOICE & BEEP VOLUMES, DEFAULT SCREEN, HELP SECTION, SYSTEM TESTS.
All the above settings may be changed or adjusted to your desire, this will not affect the security system operation for arming and disarming, only how the keypad looks, sounds and reacts to normal daily operations.
UNDERSTANDING THE ICONS ON YOUR KEYPAD
- Emergency – once clicked you have 3 options to call for emergency. Police, Fire & Medical. All will sound alarm and send signal to the monitoring station immediately.
- Doors Icon – when all doors are closed it will give the green check mark. If a door is open it will show in red, simply click on the icon to see which door is open.
- Windows Icon – when all windows are closed it will give the green check mark. If a window is open it will show in red, click on the icon to see what window is open.
- Motion Icon – when it is showing green it means that it has not detected movement in the last 10 min. If it is red you can click on it to show when the last time it detected movement over the passed 10 min.
- House Icon – The green check mark indicates that all is good. When a red x appears it will give a trouble issue that can be addressed by clicking on the yellow triangle at the bottom right of the screen. Click on triangle again and listen to the trouble. This will indicate whether you can clear it or call us for service.
EDIT THE CHIME, VOLUME & BEEP LEVELS
All the above features are accessible through your settings on the keypad. Click on the settings wheel found on the bottom right corner of the screen and you can scroll down each page to access each one.
- Chime: You can turn this feature on or off. This is where it will announce each time your doors or windows are opened.
- Volume: This is the voice volume of the keypad. You can turn this up or down for your preference. It will not affect your security system for arming or disarming but simply for announcing certain commands.
- Beep Level: This is how loud the beeps are when a door or window opens, the countdown on your keypad when it is arming etc. Recommended level is 2 bars.
TROUBLE (YELLOW TRIANGLE WITH EXCLAMATION POINT)
Your security system makes it easy for you to know that there are trouble conditions by displaying them on the keypad through the yellow triangle or by alerting you on your phone as well as sending a signal to the station where you will receive a phone call.
- At The Keypad: Click on the bottom right corner of screen where it shows the yellow triangle and then press the triangle again to listen to the trouble condition. Your system will announce either if it is a problem or just a memory that needs to be cleared.
- On Your Phone: The next time you login you will see a description of the trouble condition clearly on the top right of your app. Depending on the trouble you may or may not be able to fix locally or over the phone with your security company. If you are unsure simply give us a call and we can help or refer to the user manual.
HOW TO TEST YOUR SECURITY SYSTEM
Currently there are a few ways you can periodically test your security system.
Device Testing: This can be done locally without the monitoring station. Testing the operation of all doors, windows and motion detectors.
- Verify that the system is in “READY” mode. Do not arm it!
- Open each protected door or window, one at a time.
- Check that the keypad displays the door or window you are testing is open.
- Close the respective door or window. The keypad should display.
- Repeat this procedure for each sensor in the system.
TESTING THE COMMUNICATION & DEVICES
- Call the Monitoring Station and ask that your system be placed in “TEST” mode. Be ready to give your name and address and password to the operator. Usually 1 hour is perfect.
- Arm your system as usual and set it off by opening a door or window, or by tripping a motion detector.
- Smoke detectors can be triggered by holding the reset button down for 30 seconds. Allow the alarm to sound for at least one minute.
- Disarm the system and clear the alarm memory.
- Call and verify that the signals were received by the Monitoring Station.
If all is good tell them to take system off test and back to active mode.
WHAT TO DO IN AN ALARM SITUATION
In the event of an alarm there will be a red box that appears on the keypad and the siren will go off as well as signals being sent to ADT or your monitoring station. If you are certain that it is a false alarm simply click on the red box where it says “Click to here to disarm” and enter your user code. This will disarm the system and cancel communication with ADT.
- Answer the call: In the event of an alarm you or the first person on your contact list will be called immediately. Make sure you answer the call and abort the alarm by verifying who you are with verbal password, otherwise you could have the police, fire department or ambulance on their way to your home depending on the alarm.
- Accidental: If you service your own equipment like many people like to do be careful when dismantling the keypad or wiping the screen. An accidental push of certain buttons can trigger the alarm, don’t panic just disarm the system as soon as you can and follow the directions above. In most cases if you cancel an alarm within 6 seconds it should cancel the signal being sent in time.
- Escape Plan: Every home should have an escape plan with or without a security system. Your security system will only take away the guess work of whether you have an intruder.